|MEREDA Presents a Timely Panel Discussion on "The Costs and Benefits of Affordable Housing"|
November 30, 1999
- 9:00AM to 11:00AM
Senator Inn & Conference Center
284 Western Avenue
Registration for this event is no longer available online. Please contact the MEREDA office at 874-0801 for more information.
About the Event:
MEREDA will convene a panel of experts to discuss the pros and cons of utilizing Low Income Housing Tax Credits and Historic tax credits to develop new affordable housing in the most cost effective way, and to recommend reforms that reduce costs while still preserving predictability and fairness in financing and design.
The event will be held Monday, December 19th, at The Senator Inn & Conference Center in Augusta from 9:00 - 11:00 a.m. Expert panelists will include:
- State Senator Chris Rector, Chair, Joint Standing Committee on Labor, Commerce, Research, and Economic Development
- David Bateman, Managing Member, Bateman Partners, LLC;
- Bill Shanahan, President, Northern New England Housing Investment Fund;
- Greg Payne, Coordinator of the Maine Affordable Housing Coalition;
- Cordelia Pitman, RA, LEED AP, Director of Preconstruction Services, Wright-Ryan Construction, and
- Kevin Bunker, Founding Principal, Developers Collaborative.
Moderated by Alan Hinsey, President of ACH Productions, LLC and host of Mainebiz Sunday.
MEREDA represents people on all sides of this issue and believes the political rhetoric should be put aside to focus on creating effective policy. This event will allow key affordable housing leaders and policy makers, as well as MEREDA members, to engage in a substantive discussion that creates a better understanding of this important issue.